Unconventional Crochet

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I've been playing around with some new crochet techniques.
Here are a few designs I've come up with using some antlers and jute.

I always prefer working with natural materials rather than synthetic.

I like working with vintage materials as well and these antlers are vintage, if there is such a thing as vintage antlers.

I found a box filled with antlers in my mother's basement.

My father was a hunter and these are the remains of his younger years as an outdoorsman.

Although I've never been a fan of hunting, I thought I might as well make use of these.

I had them cut to size and holes drilled, then bleached  them and stitched them to crocheted jute baskets.
I sort of like the way they turned out.
They seem appropriate for this time of year.
My father passed away in October 2000.
These are for you DAD.

Karen